Friday, November 04, 2005

Sharing Iraq

I have posted beneath this entry my entire "traveling Iraq" series, which were posts originally published between August and October, but really were meant to be a true series. I wanted to share them because they are a partial chronicle of my time spent there, and the things that I learned, and how Iraq became, to me, a place of hope.

My journey is my own, and I understand too well that the experience of Iraq as a member of the US military isn't anything near in most cases to what I have had. It is one of my greatest joys that I was able to move about the country unhindered by orders, convoys, and other things that would have announced my presence, and thus completely changed the way I was able to view Iraq. Please don't forget to thank and support our troops, it is only by their service and their families' sacrifice that I write at all, and I try never to forget that.

I'll have a followup post on Good News in Iraq on Monday, November 7.

I hope you enjoy; the reading and the photos.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

Dear William,

I am going to remove your comment because you really don't want your personal id out on the web in a comment section, I'm sure!

I don't have an e mail for you, but if you'd like to contact me with one, you can e mail me at rileybrie@hotmail.com.

Thank you!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Kerry,

I watched a debate on C-Span about a week ago between Daniel Pipes and Reuel Marc Gerecht.

Pipes argued in favor of a more incremental approach towards democracy in the Middle East.

Gerecht argued in favor of an agressive pro-democracy policy for the Middle East. For example, Gerecht suggested that the United States announce that it will eliminate all foreign aid to Egypt unless it becomes a democracy in three or four years.

I tend to agree with Gerecht more than I do with Pipes. But I wonder if

(1) you saw this debate and

(2) what your thoughts are on this subject?

9:08 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous debt consolidation said...

Hello friend. Thanks for having me on your great blog today. Blogger should be happy to have you on board! Do you need free debt consolidation? Well, look no further. I help you for free my friend. I have tried and tested all sites But, the best was debt-consolidation.com. So, let me help you. Fill in the form today for free. And be debt free. Get credit repair today!

6:04 PM  
Blogger iza roberto iza said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous About Medicine Blog said...

My journey is my own, and I understand too well that the experience of Iraq as a member of the US military isn't anything near in most cases to what I have had.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home