Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A longtime annoyance......

About the war in Iraq; it was a war with Iraqi government until the regime was overthrown. It is not since, “a war with Iraq”, unless you like to say it is a war with Iraq because we are fighting together. It is a war against terrorists. The war IN Iraq, fine. I’ve got a brother in law serving in that war, and a war it is, but let us be clear on who the common enemy is.

My brother in law, an Army Major currently in Ramadi sent me a photo yesterday of himself and the other 9 Army MI guys that are currently training one of the Iraqi Divisions. In the photo, there are ten US soldiers, and the four Iraqi soldiers that work hand in hand with them in the training of the Divisions and they are standing under a sign that has all of their names on it, with both the US and Iraqi flags hanging from it. And below that the sign says “terrorists suck!”.

I’ve got Iraqis and Americans I care about in the middle of this war.

It’s called the War on Terror. Now please, can we dispense with the “no war against Iraq” bumper stickers?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Medicine said...

My brother in law, an Army Major currently in Ramadi sent me a photo yesterday of himself and the other 9 Army MI guys that are currently training one of the Iraqi Divisions.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home