Saturday, October 15, 2005

To Iraq, with Love

To my Iraqi friends:

One hour since polls closed and I'm thinking of you. I hope that you all are safe and most of all I wish for you to savor the freedom you have worked so very hard for, and to thank you for being my friends, my guides, my educators, from Erbil to Kirkuk to Baghdad and beyond, I thank you for allowing me to share your journey. You've opened your homes, your kitchens, shared your children, your lives, your hearts with me, and I will always be grateful.

To our American Soldiers in Iraq:

First, to my brother in law in Ramadi, and to his family for their sacrifices, thank you.
To all of the other soldiers there, especially the Marines and Army guys who I was privledged to work with so much of last year.....thank you. Thank you all for protecting two things dear to my heart, our way of life, (my family here) and the rights of others to enjoy the same freedoms (my family in Iraq).

To Iraqi Soldiers:

Thank you. You are now standing with my brother in law in Ramadi, and your lives depend on each others actions daily. And we've seen the price you pay to choose this work, to be the guardians and warriors for your country. You are filled with a high charge. Iraq's future depends more on you than on the politicians in some ways. First rule to have law and order is "secure the area". You are the first line of defense of the laws that will rule your nation in upcoming years. I thank you, both for your work with my country's soldiers and for your protection of all my loved ones in Iraq.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dr. Health said...

To all of the other soldiers there, especially the Marines and Army guys who I was privledged to work with so much of last year thank you.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home