Saturday, October 01, 2005

Missing the Middle East....

It's October today, which hardly seems possible. Where I live is at its most beautiful this time of year, and I'm running tomorrow in the Maine Marathon (doing a relay leg-10K), and it is supposed to be perfect weather. The leaves are turning, the sugar maples getting fiery red, and it's getting colder during the nights, when you enjoy putting a fire in the fireplace, but can still walk in the day dressed in jeans and a shirt and feel perfect in temperature. It's my favorite time of year in New England.

And I'm missing the Middle East. I've been reading Michael Totten's blog, as he's landed safely in Lebanon. October marks a year since I first started traveling to the Middle East, I now have 18 stamps (9 each of entry and exit) on my passports from the area in one year. So, after Sunday's race, I'll be posting more on the "traveling series" from Iraq, but I'll also do one on Jordan, to mark the first time I landed there.

(Let me add here a big thanks to Blackfive for being all too generous to me, he'd do, and has done, more than I, everyone that works for and in Iraq, (and Jordan), quickly becomes a virtual team when a story like Mike Yon posts on Rhma comes up.)

I'm one very blessed person. I've gotten to do and see things that many don't, ever.
And I'm thankful for that. As I get older, I learn a little more about how following your passions lead to better performance, and more contentment. You can see that all around the blogosphere, so many bloggers have landed jobs that they love, and fit, with their committment to writing about what they care for so much.

Here's where I'm at.......



And here's what I'm missing.......



The people and ideals that I love. That's what will continue to lead me to the places I'll go.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a sell annuity payment site/blog. It pretty much covers sell annuity payment related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

3:00 PM  
Blogger kleinooo said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a fee-only oriented site. It pretty much covers investment advisor getting started related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:47 PM  
Anonymous About Medicine Blog said...

It's my favorite time of year in New England.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Buy penis enlargement pills said...

You seem to be enjoying the summer in a full mood. Keep going

2:21 AM  
Anonymous VigRX effective penis enlargement supplement said...

really good pics...tells us that your having fun...:)

7:56 PM  
Anonymous African Mango weight loss supplement said...

I just love the beautiful scenario in the photograph and the post is good as well.

5:57 AM  
Anonymous African Mango weight loss supplement said...

I just love the beautiful scenario in the photograph and the post is good as well.

5:57 AM  
Anonymous HghEnergizer anti aging treatment review said...

One can still walk in the day dressed in jeans and a shirt and feel perfect in temperature.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Natural penis augmentation pills said...

Middle life is hard to lead, I heard from someone.But here got some new story of the experience.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous African Mango weight loss supplement said...

Middle East is Historic place . Any body who went there ,will miss it badly after.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Top Rated Vacuum Cleaners said...

I have some friends in the Middle East and they are doing just fine, i don;t understand why people think that they are living bad...

4:59 PM  
Anonymous How to increase penis size said...

Literally the post is very innovative.Thanks for sharing it.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Top models clothing 2012 said...

A friend of mine told me about your blog and after reading this article i must go to him and personally thank for sharing your blog with me.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home